...RED FLAG WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 11 PM PDT THURSDAY
FOR GUSTY WINDS AND LOW HUMIDITY FOR PORTIONS OF WESTERN NEVADA
AND EASTERN LASSEN COUNTY CALIFORNIA...
* Affected Area...Fire Zone 278 Eastern Lassen County, Fire Zone
450 Western Nevada Sierra Front, Fire Zone 453 West Central
Nevada Basin and Range, Fire Zone 458 Northern Washoe County
and Fire Zone 459 Mineral and Southern Lyon Counties BELOW
* Winds...Southwest 15 to 25 mph with gusts around 40 to 45 mph
this afternoon. Gusts 25 to 40 mph Thursday afternoon. Winds
will weaken tonight (though not end), except on ridges and mid-
slopes where winds will remain strong.
* Humidity...8 to 15 percent.
* Duration...4 to 8 hours each day.
* Impacts...The combination of gusty winds and low humidity can
cause fire to rapidly grow in size and intensity, mainly in
locations with dry fine fuels, grasses, and shrubs.
Avoid outdoor activities that can cause a spark near dry
vegetation, such as yard work, target shooting, or campfires.
Follow local fire restrictions. Check weather.gov/reno for
updates and livingwithfire.info for preparedness tips.
Areas Affected: Lassen-Eastern Plumas-Eastern Sierra Counties
...LAKE WIND ADVISORY REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 11 PM PDT THIS EVENING...
* Changes: None.
* Lakes Affected: Frenchman, Stampede, Davis and Eagle.
* Winds: Southwest to west 10 to 20 mph with gusts up to 35 mph
from mid to late morning into this evening.
* Small boats, kayaks and paddle boards will be prone to
capsizing and should remain off lake waters until conditions
Check lake conditions before heading out and be prepared for a
sudden increase in winds and wave heights. Consider postponing
boating activities on the lake until a day with less wind.