Areas Affected: Lassen-Eastern Plumas-Eastern Sierra Counties
...WINTER STORM WATCH REMAINS IN EFFECT FROM SATURDAY AFTERNOON
THROUGH MONDAY MORNING...
* CHANGES...Increased snow totals above 5000 feet.
* WHAT...Heavy snow possible. Total snow accumulations of up to 4
inches, except 10 to 18 inches west of highway 395 possible and
above 5000 feet. Amounts near 2 feet are possible for the Yuba
Pass area. Winds could gust as high as 45 mph.
* WHERE...Lassen-Eastern Plumas-Eastern Sierra Counties.
* WHEN...From Saturday afternoon through Monday morning.
* IMPACTS...Travel could be very difficult with long delays for
routes 36, 49, and 89. The heaviest snow is forecast to arrive
* ADDITIONAL DETAILS...Please stay home, be safe.
Now is the time to prepare an emergency kit for your home and
car. If traveling consider alternate plans, remember to carry tire
chains, extra food, water and clothing. Once the storm arrives,
travel may be difficult or impossible for an extended period of
Areas Affected: Greater Lake Tahoe Area; Lassen-Eastern Plumas-Eastern Sierra Counties; Mono; Surprise Valley California
...Winter weather this weekend with travel disruptions starting
* What...A couple of storms are on tap for the weekend with travel
disruptions in the Sierra, aviation impacts, and recreational
hazards. Snow will begin in the Sierra Saturday and may
continue through Monday Morning. Some light showers are possible
across western Nevada Saturday with a period of rain and snow
likely Sunday into early Monday.
* Snow...Snow will start in the northern Sierra Saturday and may
decrease for a bit Saturday night. Heavy snow moves into the
Sierra Sunday with very difficult travel conditions likely.
Travel in the Sierra is discouraged this weekend. Please refer
to the latest Winter Storm Watch for details on snow
* Winds...The strongest winds across western NV and eastern CA are
likely on Saturday with gusts up to 50 mph in the lower
elevations. Sierra ridges could gust as high as 90 mph. Be
prepared for travel restrictions for high profile vehicles
along Highway 395 and Interstate 580 with turbulence and low
level wind shear for flights in and out of the region.